Logansport Savings Bank Internet Banking Service Agreement
General Description Of Agreement
- What This Agreement Covers: This Internet Banking Service Agreement ("Agreement") contains the terms that govern your use of Logansport Savings Bank's Internet Banking Service ("Service"). You may use the Service to access and perform a number of banking functions on your accounts ("Eligible Accounts" as defined in section II of this Agreement) through the Internet.
- Accepting the Agreement: By using the Service to access an Eligible Account or perform a banking function or authorizing others to use the Service, you agree to the terms and condition of this Agreement.
- Relation To Other Agreements: Your use of the Service may also be affected by other existing agreements between Logansport Savings Bank (the Bank) for your deposit, loan, debit card, and other linked accounts. When you link accounts to the Service, this does not change the agreement you already have with the Bank on those accounts. For example, when you use the Service to access a deposit account, you do so under the terms and conditions that were provided to you in the disclosure for the account at account opening. You should review those agreements for any applicable account fees, for limitations on the number of transfers you can make, and for other restrictions which might impact your use of an account with this Service.
Additionally, each Eligible Account and banking function will be subject to the terms or instructions appearing on a screen when using the Service, the rules and regulations of any funds transfer system, and all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Each Logansport Savings Bank deposit and loan product you have is called an "Eligible Account", provided that the deposit account requires only one signature for withdrawal. In addition, restrictive endorsement accounts and bankruptcy accounts are not eligible. When a new account is opened, it will automatically become an Eligible Account if it meets the above qualifications.
Logansport Savings Bank Internet Banking
This Service includes several Internet Banking functions. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, you will generally be able to access your Eligible Accounts through our web site seven days a week, 24 hours a day. To use this service you need:
- A Logansport Savings Bank Eligible Loan or Deposit account
- Internet Access
- Appropriate personal computer hardware and operating system as specified under Specifications on the Internet Banking web page
- Appropriate internet browser software as specified under Specifications on the Internet Banking web page
You may use Logansport Savings Bank Internet Banking to:
- Transfer funds between Logansport Savings Bank linked Eligible Deposit Accounts, on either a one time or recurring basis.
- View current balance information for your Logansport Savings Bank checking, savings, money market deposit accounts, Certificates of Deposits, or loans.
- Review transactions for the current statement cycle and up to 6 months of history on your Eligible Accounts.
- Download to financial software.
- Enroll in Bill Pay Internet Service
- Contact the Support Service Center of Logansport Savings Bank
A transfer completed through the Service before the transfer cutoff time on a business day will be posted to your Eligible Account the same day. All transfers completed after the transfer cutoff time on a business day or on a day that is not a business day, will post on the next business day. The transfer cutoff time is 6:00 p.m. Everyday is a business day except Saturday, Sundays, and federal holidays.
At certain times, the Service may not be available due to system maintenance or circumstances beyond our control. During this time, you may call Direct Teller at 1-866-454-0112 or visit our banking center to obtain information about your Eligible Account(s).
"Authorized Representative" is defined as a person you have granted authority of any kind with respect to your Eligible Accounts by giving the Authorized Representative your User Identification ("ID") and Personal Identification Number ("PIN"). This means, for example, that when an Authorized Representative of an Eligible Account accesses the Service, that Authorized Representative will be able to view and access, in any manner and for any purpose available through the Service at any time, all Eligible Accounts for which that person is an Authorized Representative.
Security And Protecting Your Password
You will be given a User ID and PIN that will give you access to your Eligible Accounts through the Service. These can be changed within the Service. We recommend that you change your PIN regularly. We are entitled to act on instruction received under your ID and PIN. For security purposes, it is recommended that you memorize the ID and PIN; do not write them down, and do not store them on your PC. You are responsible for keeping your ID and PIN and Eligible Account information confidential.
You agree that we may send notices and other communications, including User ID and PIN confirmations, to the current address shown in our records whether or not that address includes a designation for delivery to the attention of any particular individual. You further agree that Logansport Savings Bank will not be responsible or liable to you in any way if information is intercepted by an unauthorized person, either in transit or at your place of residence. You agree to:
- Keep your User ID and PIN secure and strictly confidential, providing it only to Authorized Representatives on your accounts.
- Instruct each person to whom you give your User ID and PIN that he or she is not to disclose it to any unauthorized person.
- Immediately notify the Bank at (574) 722-3855 or write to 723 East Broadway, Logansport, IN 46947 and select a new User ID and PIN if you believe your current User ID and PIN may have become known to an unauthorized person.
For a complete discussion of all Logansport Savings Bank's Internet Banking security features and recommendations, see Security Features and Recommendations on this web site.
THE BANK WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED TRANSFER MADE USING YOUR USER ID AND PIN THAT OCCURS BEFORE YOU HAVE NOTIFIED US OF POSSIBLE UNAUTHORIZED USE AND WE HAVE HAD A REASONABLE OPPORTUNITY TO ACT ON THAT NOTICE.
The Bank may suspend or cancel your User ID and PIN even without receiving such notice from you, if it is suspected your User ID and PIN is being used in an unauthorized or fraudulent manner.
Limitation Of Bank's Liability
The best way to minimize your loss is to notify the Bank IMMEDIATELY. The unauthorized use of your Service could cause you to lose all of your money in your accounts.
Call us at (574) 722-3855, send an e-mail to email@example.com, or write us at Internet Support, 723 East Broadway, Logansport, IN 46947 AT ONCE if you think:
- your statement or transaction record is wrong
- you need more information about a transaction listed on the statement, or
- your Internet Banking ID or PIN has been discovered by an unauthorized person, or someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission
If the Bank fails or delay in making a transfer pursuant to your instructions, or if the Bank makes a transfer in an erroneous amount which is less than the amount per your instructions, unless otherwise required by law, our liability shall be limited to interest on the amount which the Bank failed to timely transfer, calculated from the date on which the transfer was to be made until the date it was actually made or you cancelled the instructions. If the Bank makes a transfer in an erroneous amount which exceeds the amount per your instructions, or if the Bank permits an unauthorized transfer after the Bank has had a reasonable time to act on a notice from you of possible unauthorized use as described above, unless otherwise required by law, our liability will be limited to a refund of the amount erroneously transferred, plus interest thereon from the date of the transfer to the date of the refund, but in no event to exceed 60 days' interest.
Under no circumstances will the Bank have any liability to you for failing to provide access to your Eligible Accounts through the Service. Furthermore, unless otherwise required by applicable law, the Bank will only be responsible for performing the Internet Banking Service as expressly stated in this Agreement, and will only be liable for material losses incurred by you to the extent such losses directly result from our gross negligence or intentional misconduct in performing the Internet Banking Service.
UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE BANK HAVE LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR INDIRECT LOSS OR DAMAGE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR ATTORNEY'S FEES, WHETHER OR NOT ANY CLAIM FOR SUCH DAMAGES IS BASED ON TORT OR CONTRACT OR WE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
The Bank will not be obligated to honor, in whole or in part, any transaction or instruction which:
- is not in accordance with any term or condition applicable to the relevant Internet Banking Service or Eligible Account;
- the Bank has reason to believe may not be authorized by you or any third person whose authorization we believe is necessary;
- involves funds subject to a hold, dispute, restriction or legal process the Bank believes prevents their withdrawal;
- would violate any applicable provision of any risk control program of the Federal Reserve or any applicable rule or regulation of any other federal or state regulatory authority;
- is not in accordance with any other requirement of our applicable policies, procedures or practices;
- the Bank has reasonable cause not to honor for our or your protection.
All other provisions of liability for your Eligible Accounts have been previously disclosed to you at the time of account opening.
Indemnification: Except to the extent that the Bank is liable under the terms of this Agreement or an agreement that otherwise governs the Eligible Account, the owner of the Eligible Account agrees to indemnify and hold us, our directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from all loss, liability, claims, demands, judgments and expenses arising out of or connected in any way with an Eligible Account or the performance of an Internet Banking Service. This indemnification is provided without regard to whether the Bankâ€™s claim for indemnification is due to the use of the Service by you or your Authorized Representative.
- Termination: Unless otherwise required by law, Logansport Savings Bank may terminate this agreement and/or your access to
any Internet Banking Service through the Service, in whole or in part, at any time.
If you wish to cancel any of your Internet Banking Service present cancellation instructions in writing to Internet Client Support, Logansport Savings Bank, 723 East Broadway, Logansport, IN 46947.
- Change: Except as otherwise required by law, rule, or regulation, the Bank may change the terms of this Agreement from time to time and at any time. When changes are made, the Bank will promptly notify you and update this Agreement. The web site will be updated on the effective date, unless an immediate change is necessary to maintain the security of the system or unless a law, rule, or regulation requires that it be updated at an earlier time. If such a change is made, and it can't be disclosed without jeopardizing the security of the system, this Agreement will be updated within thirty (30) days after the change. As always, you may choose to accept or decline changes by continuing or discontinuing usage of the Service. Changes to fee or terms applicable to Eligible Accounts are governed by the agreements pertaining to the applicable accounts.
Internet Banking is available to the Bankâ€™s customers at no monthly charge for all account information services and transfers. Fees separately disclosed to you in connection with an Eligible Account will still apply when using the Service. Other fees may be assessed and billed separately by your internet service provider. See Bill Pay for other applicable fees you may incur for that service.
Error Resolution Notice
In case of errors or questions about your internet banking transactions, if you think your statement is wrong, or you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement, write to Logansport Savings Bank, 723 East Broadway, Logansport, IN 46947, or call (574) 722-3855, as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Provide your name and account number
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Provide the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you respond orally, the Bank may require that you send your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
The Bank will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) after the Bank hears from you and will correct any error promptly. If the Bank needs more time, however, the Bank may take up to 45 days, (90 days if the transfer involves a new account or a point-of-sale transaction) to investigate your complaint or question. If the Bank decides to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days, (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes to complete the investigation. If the Bank asks you to put your complaint or question in writing and the Bank does not receive it within 10 business days, the Bank may not credit your account. Your account is considered a new account for the first 30 days after the first deposit is made, unless you already have an established account with the Bank before this account is opened.
The Bank will tell you the results within three business days after completing the investigation. If the Bank decides that there was no error, the Bank will send you a written explanation.
You may ask for copies of the documents that was used in the investigation.